Echinodorus cordifolius question

EchinodorusFan

Hello everyone, I discovered this website because of UKAPS. I enjoy collecting Echinodorus, and I’ve noticed that many member here do as well.

I got some question. I have a tank that is 38 cm in height, as of right now I have Echinodorus palifolius which grow out of the tank as a focal point. I’m not really a fan of its emersed narrowleaf and skinny stems, and wanted to replace with the E. cordifolius instead. And I would like to know if E. cordifolius could grow tall enough to reach the surface top as E. palifolius do?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Aventus

Hello EchinodorusFan,

yes, the Cordofolius will grow out of your tank without any problems.
You could also take a closer look at Echinodorus Argentinensis. I find it even more beautiful than the Cordofolius and it also grows well out of the tank.

Greetings John

Plantamaniac

Hei
Echinodoruscordilfoliusemers.jpg

Echinodoruscordilfoliusemers2.jpg

Steht und fällt mit der Nährstoffversorgung
Chiao Moni

moskal

Hi,
I have the plant in the pond and it is even hardy. At the end of the year, the largest leaves have the diameter of a long-playing record. Normal is more water in the pond:
teich.echinodorus.1.jpg
Colocasia esculenta could also fit, this is after thinning, otherwise they are denser:
colocasia.1.jpg
If you want any, the rhizomes can simply be sent.

Regards,
Helmut

EchinodorusFan

Hei
,Anhang anzeigen 153033
Anhang anzeigen 153032
Steht und fällt mit der Nährstoffversorgung
Chiao Moni
Hi,
I have the plant in the pond and it is even hardy. At the end of the year, the largest leaves have the diameter of a long-playing record. Normal is more water in the pond:
Anhang anzeigen 153034
Hi there, thank all for your responses.
Good to know that it could grow taller than I first thought.

If you want any, the rhizomes can simply be sent.
Thank you for your kind offer, but sadly, I’m in Thailand and not in the EU.

moskal

ah, okay, sending Colocasia esculenta to Thailand would be like carrying coals to Newcastle.
In Thailand the plant is called puak.

Plantamaniac

Hei Helmut...aber wenn Du im Frühling eins übrig hast, meine hat den Winter nicht überstanden :eek:
Könnte mit der schwarzen Version kontern.
VG Monika

moskal

Hallo Monika,

demnächst würde besser passen, meine Mutter will iher terassen Colocasia nicht mehr (zugunsten von Moorkübeln mit Schlauchpflanzen und ich habe nicht mal was damit zu tun, daß sie auf Karnivore gekommen ist)
Die Pflanzen können bis zur Knolle zurückgeschnitten werden und so im Keller überwintern.

Gruß
helmut

EchinodorusFan

Hello, I got a question.

I realized that my sword plant doesn’t look anything like you guy’s cordifolius.
I once owned a sword that many people believed to be Cordifolius, it only grows to be about 30 cm tall and gradually changes the shape of its leaf over time (probably due to humidity and lighting) So what exactly is the species/variaties of my plant? Picture of the emersed one are the same plant, the submersed plantlet (as seen in picture 3) are also from this mother plant.

42373E30-D2BC-4087-B35E-0A2C9DB806F4.jpeg25C975E7-C26E-4F29-833D-9FB909049F16.jpegB8705520-818D-4B95-BE34-6286AE33111E.jpeg