CO2 distribution questions

Gilles

Hello,

I am currently running my CO2 through an AquaMedic reactor 1000 powered by an CristalProfi e1501. I have little to no flow left, so my filter is not working as it should. Now today i am switching the CristalProfi e1501 for an Eheim 2178 (=2078 with thermo) and now i am thinking about 4 different scenarios;

1) Eheim 2178 and Reactor 1000 inline.
2) Eheim 2178 and ADA Pollen Glass Beetle or fake look a like disc
3) Eheim 2178 and Reactor 1000 powered by different pump e.g. Eheim 1250 or JBL CristalProfi e1501 without media (= 2 inlets, 2 outlets)
4) Eheim 2178 and pump with needle wheel (= 2 inlets, 2 outlets) for instance Eheim Compact+ Marine 1103

What would you advise? And second question, are the ADA products worth the money? For instance, if i would like to try the CO2 distribution by a ceramic disc, what would be the best choice for my 400l aquarium? Is this the ADA Pollen Glass Beetle 50mm?

Thank you
Gilles

Sauron

Hi Gilles,

there is a 5. scenario, you could think about:

5) Eheim 2178 and Inline Atomizer
http://www.aquasabi.de/CO2/CO2-Diffusor ... :1793.html

I am using this installation and doing quite well. The question concerning ADA products and money is difficult to answer. If you are keen on having these three letters in your tank, spend a little bit more money and feel good. It is more a question of lifestyle and less of technique.