Can someone explain CA:MG ratio in English?

Gilles

Hello all!
I change about 5% (35l) of my water each night using automated water change. The new water is made from R/O water mixed with tap water. I want to switch to 100% osmosis with added minerals.

Now i still have one pot of 160 grams of Dennerle Remineral+ and a new pot of Duradrakon. First i want to empty the pot of Remineral+, then i am going to switch to Duradrakon since this is cheaper for me. I also read on this forum that Dennerle Remineral+ has a high chlorine ammount...

Now here comes the question. You talk a lot about CA:MG ratios, but nobody clearly explains what it does (or i simply don't understand all German words... :lol:)

So what is the Ca:Mg ratio of Duradrakon?
By looking at the pot it says: Ca 6.5mg/l and Mg 2.0mg/l... Does that mean it has a ratio of 3.25:1 ?
If not, can someone tell me the ratios and maybe tell me how much grams of other extras (calcium + pms + ... ??) i need to add to get a proper ratio?

Arami Gurami

Administrator
Teammitglied
Hoi Gilles,
Gilles":3m0m777p schrieb:
By looking at the pot it says: Ca 6.5mg/l and Mg 2.0mg/l... Does that mean it has a ratio of 3.25:1 ?
exactly, the ratio must be 3.25:1 then. Most of the users prefer a ratio somewhere between 3:1 till 4:1, so with 3.25:1 you´re just fine :thumbs: .
Groetjes!

java97

Hi Gilles,

i´ve already answered your question in this thread.

See here:http://www.flowgrow.de/fische/frage-zu-osmosewasser-t19469.html

:wink:

You are right, the the ca/mg ratio of the duradrakon is 3.25:1 .
It is recommended to be between 3:1 and 4:1 but that is no "must".

camg.php

In the "Nährstoffrechner"

growcalc.php

You can find most of the fertilizers and salts that can be added to the water.
Try it ! :wink:

Erwin

Hello,
Yes, I think so.
But why do you want to use pure RO water?
You come away cheaper price, if you blend it with tap water.
Is your tap water loaded with contaminants or extremely hard?

Bye
Erwin