Eleocharis sp. "montevidensis"

denvella

Hi all ,

I have started my first planted aquarium 1 1/2 weeks ago and have done already some water changes. The planted aquarium consists of one pot of Eleocharis sp. "montevidensis" and one pot of Hemianthus callitrichoides "Cuba", Dragonstone, Black Substrate, Hang on Back Filter and LED Lighting.

In the past 2 days one part of the Eleocharis sp. "montevidensis" which was split in 4 parts is getting yellow in colour and sort of dying.

Below is an image of how it looks like

Any one knows what could be wrong. Every 3/4 days i am checking out the water parameters however these are always the same and light is being switched on for around 8 to 10 hours daily.

[Update] : Yesterday afternoon i have introduced a DIY CO2 Method to the aquarium tank since local shops advised that this may be due to lack of CO2.

Here is my setup below

:tnx: :)

Dennis

-serok-

Hi Dennis and welcome to Flowgrow!

It's possible that newly planted plants doesn't look perfect in the first weeks. The plants have to put down roots first before they start to grow healthy. But sometimes new plants can die.

What's about your fertilization, especially NO3, PO4, CO2 and Fe? And the lighting? The lamp looks powerfull, too powerfull for the few plants in your tank. I'm afraid this combination won't work well... powerfull lighting, just a few plants, unbalanced nutrients.